Monday, December 3, 2012

Wild Weekends

I never thought I would say this...but TGIM (that is thank god it's monday). After a weekend filled with Crazy, I am glad to be back at work and in my little routine.

To rewind a bit- I failed at Running on Friday. I had another night of too much sewing not enough sleeping.

However! On Saturday I met up with a dear friend/ex-roommate/teammate for an outdoor run! The MN weather has turned to spring-like again so we wanted to take advantage while we can. We ran from my apartment and after spending time on the treadmill (me) and flat lake roads (her) my neighborhood hills felt ten times worse! When I mapped our run then elevation chart said it was a number 5 on the scale, which means:


HC Climb Rating Cat 5 Climb - These rated climbs are the least difficult of all the categorized climbs. The exactly same methodology is used in determining their difficulty as Cat 4 climbs but they the least difficult of all the rated climbs. All climb scores are based on distance, grade/elevation change, and maximum elevation (www.mapmyrun.com)

So I guess even though I felt like dying ...our hills rated the easiest?! Well that's nice.

After the run my friend & I had to hurry up and get ready for a track & field recruiting alumni panel at our alma mater. We, along with about 8 other track alum, sat in front of a group of recruits to talk about our experiences on the team. It was so great seeing our old coach and reliving all those past workouts and experiences. It made me miss track so much!!! One of the younger alums wants us to get in shape to run some indoor relays...Not sure about that yet!

Immediately after the track event the Mister and I hopped in the car for a trip to Green Bay for the Packers- Vikings game! Although I have lived in MN my entire life, I became a Packers fan after the Mister (a hard core Packers fan through his father) and I started dating. Neither of us has ever been to an NFL game before so we splurged and got awesome seats (10th row!!) and called the trip our birthday presents to each other.

Go Pack Go!
Well that experience was ridiculous- from the fans to the tailgating to the Packers WIN, it was a great time. If only the drive home wasn't so foggy and we didn't get back to Minnesota so late....

Because of our late arrival and needing to get stuff done last night, I overslept (story of my life?) and did not run this morning... back on the wagon tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. oh man, well i'm glad u at least had ur friend to keep u company with all those hills! hehe...great job out there.
    sorry that u're skimped on sleep (and time overall!) but keep on multi-tasking like a champ!

    ReplyDelete