Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Success!

A weird thing happened today.

I woke up before my 5:00 alarm! It was Rodgy's fault- he sleeps with me & the mister (I know, it is not good for us, blah blah blah i don't care he is cute and cuddly!) and he was being all twitchy at around 4:50. So I just bit the bullet and got up.

I had the brilliant idea to run to the gym, run on the treadmill, and then run home. I thought this was the perfect plan because:

1. the Pioneer Press website said it was 38! That is downright balmy!
2. too much treadmill makes me stabby
3. running outside on Saturday was so fun I wanted to do it over again.

Well the Pioneer Press needs to hire a new weather service because it was not 38! It was freezing and windy! The gym is only 1.7 miles from our place so at least that was over quickly. I ran 3 more miles on the treadmill, then back home for a total of 6.4 today. The run home was way less windy but since I was wearing my sweaty treadmill outfit under my outside running gear, I did have a little chill going on.

In other news...Rodgy was busy chewing on one of his favorite treats yesterday:

P1030464.jpg

Running shoes! He has starting gnawing on the right heel pad...thank goodness he didn't get too far so they are still wearable! He has eaten a pair of the mister's asics before- to the point that they were not even suitable for mowing the lawn.





1 comment:

  1. I want a dog so bad, but I don't think I can handle a twitchy 4:50 wake up call....

    I also love making the run to and from my gym part of the workout (only 0.5 mile away), but I bring so much stuff to the gym it ends up impossible to really run (water bottle, towel, etc).

    ReplyDelete